My daughters Julia and Lia and I invite you to join us in supporting arts and education to inspire the lives of young people.
Our mission is to Develop Innovation, Creativity and Individuality in Education, hallmarks of the work of my mother, Dicie Woodson. She was an elementary school teacher, a college professor, and a school principal. She designed reading programs and helped to launch the first ESOL programs in the Washington, D.C. area. My mother assisted struggling schools while living in Pakistan and Turkey. She nurtured and established libraries, even after retirement. Literature, art, music, theater and dance, she believed, are necessary for the human spirit to flourish.
We have given to the libraries at St. Christopher’s By-the-Sea Montessori, the Presbyterian Pre-School as well as Voices United and City Theatre.
- The Global Search for Education: More Arts Please | Online Resource
- The Classroom is Obsolete | Online Resource
- Sir Ken Robinson | Resource Urging Schools to Adopt Personalized Learning
- Connecting to the World | Book Recommendation
- City Theater | City Theater’s Summer Shorts