Robert Kemper M.D., PhD. Award for Professionalism in Medicine
In 2011, our community lost Dr. Bob to cancer. Beyond being the best community doctor a village could hope for, he was a great father, husband, neighbor, and friend.
All proceeds will benefit the Robert Kemper Award for Professionalism in Medicine, which is named in memory of Dr. Robert Kemper, who exemplified the highest qualities of medical professionalism until his life was cut short by cancer. During their medical training, our nominees have demonstrated:
- Respect for patients, faculty, staff members and peers.
- Altruism, compassion and empathy towards patients.
- A sense of commitment, duty, responsibility and dedication to the ethical practice of the medical profession.
- Comportment, courtesy and exemplary personal demeanor becoming of a physician.
- An ability to convey hope and be a healer of patients, to be a team builder and foster harmony in the group and in the workplace.
The winner of the Robert Kemper Award will be able to include this honor in their applications for residency programs as well as a plaque and a monetary award for continuing medical education. The Robert Kemper M.D., Ph.D. Award is underwritten by the Key Biscayne Community Foundation and made possible thanks to your contributions and those made by Dr. Kemper’s grateful patients.